WORLD KNOWLEDGE LEARNING
● Nursery welcomes children from 4 to 12 months of age.
● AIS offers an educational space that ensures the well-being and cognitive development of babies – through arts, music, bilingual teaching, and massages for babies.
● Daycare welcomes children from 12 months to 3 years old.
● Through bilingual teaching, AIS builds on the cognitive and social development of the students through specific areas of knowledge: literacy, culture, theater, music, logical-mathematics, and motor skills.
● In the library, in the playground, and in the classroom, through free play and symbolic play, we develop emotional education and promote child well-being.
● Kindergarten welcomes children from 3 to 5 years old.
● The AIS kindergarten, through bilingual teaching, promotes the development of multiple intelligences, which constitute child psychology, through work by areas of knowledge: literacy, culture, theater, music, logical-mathematics, and motor skills.
● AIS offers spaces organized by themes, an outdoor playground, library, and rooms for extracurricular activities, so that each child has the freedom to express themselves creatively.
● Primary School welcomes children from 6 to 12 years old.
● AIS is a Cambridge Primary School, whose multidisciplinary team ( teachers and native speakers) work in such a way that all pedagogical components contribute to the academic, personal and social formation, stimulation of creativity and acquisition of new skills of the students.
● For the occupation of non-teaching time, AIS has a library, study and support rooms and several extracurricular activities, in addition to leisure and recreational spaces.
Lower Secondary School
● Lower Secondary School welcomes children from 12 to 15 years old.
● At AIS, interdisciplinarity has a linguistic component through continuous training in Portuguese, English, French and German.
● This training is complemented by certification of language skills; programs of organization and study methods; creative writing; support in the areas of calligraphy and spelling; support in Portuguese, languages, and mathematics
To educate for success, with the following values:
Resilience | Sincerity | Integrity | Competence | Responsibility
Learning How to Be
Learn How to Do
Learn How to Innovate
AIS promotes, through educational action, a set of knowledge and skills capable of endowing students with attitudes and values fundamental to intra/interpersonal development, applicable to the school, socio-cultural and later labor context.
Astoria International School is a private educational institution located in Lisbon, with an educational project based on international teaching.
Our principles are creativity, innovation, consideration, and well-being.
The teaching method is enriched by a dynamic and entrepreneurial educational project, inspired by the modern school movement and the theoretical conception of multiple intelligences, by Howard Gardner.
Pedagogically, we aim to enhance cognitive abilities, creativity, spontaneity, resilience, and pro-activity, respecting the individuality and interests of each Astoria student. In the certainty that we are preparing our young students for a promising future!
Because Together, We Educate Better!
Astoria International School presents a curriculum of excellence taught in the Portuguese language and a Cambridge Curriculum, allowing students’ academic knowledge based on an international and intercultural education, with innovative methodologies linked to the world of arts, science and culture.
The AIS educational plan relies on the intervention of the multidisciplinary pedagogical team, which allows an enriching, international and artistic educational development that promotes the physical, intellectual, cognitive, plastic, musical abilities, emotional intelligence, critical thinking and well-being of Astoria students.